Liverpool will host local rivals Everton at Anfield in a blockbuster Merseyside derby in the third round of the FA Cup.
The draw comes just before the two rivals play out the same fixture in the Premier League, as Liverpool seek to maintain their eight-point gap over Leicester City at the top of the table against the struggling Toffees.
FA Cup holders Manchester City enter the competition for the first time this season and begin the defence of their title at home against League Two outfit Port Vale.
Pep Guardiola’s side thumped Watford 6-0 in the final last term, sweeping the Hornets aside to claim on third of their unprecedented domestic treble.
An eye-catching fixture is Manchester United’s trip to face Wolves at Molineux, having been knocked out away at Nuno Espirito Santo’s side at the quarter-final stage of the competition last season.
Meanwhile, record winners Arsenal face Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United in what will be their first domestic cup game under the guidance of interim manager Freddie Ljungberg – or indeed a potential new head coach, should one be appointed before the end of December.
There are five non-league clubs involved in the draw, although AFC Fylde are the only ones guaranteed a place in the third round after beating Kingstonian. They have been handed a difficult tie away at Premier League side Sheffield United.
Three of the other four – Boston United, Eastleigh and Hartlepool United – are participating in replays against Rochdale, Crewe Alexandra and Exeter City, respectively, while Solihull Moors are still to play Rotherham United. Boston, in particular, will be hoping to progress and reap the benefits of hosting Newcastle United.
Third-round ties will be played between January 3 and 6.
Draw in full:
- Leicester City v Wigan Athletic
- QPR v Swansea City
- Fulham v Aston Villa
- Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
- Wolves v Manchester United
- Charlton Athletic v West Brom
- Rochdale/Boston United v Newcastle United
- Cardiff City v Forest Green/Carlisle United
- Oxford United v Exeter City/Hartlepool United
- Sheffield United v AFC Fylde
- Southampton v Huddersfield Town
- Liverpool v Everton
- Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town
- Bournemouth v Luton Town
- Brighton and Hove Albion v Sheffield Wednesday
- Bristol Rovers/Plymouth Argyle v Coventry City/Ipswich
- Eastleigh/Crewe Alexandra v Barnsley
- Manchester City v Port Vale
- Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur
- Reading v Blackpool
- Watford v Tranmere Rovers
- Preston North End v Norwich City
- Millwall v Newport County
- Crystal Palace v Derby County
- Solihull Moors/Rotherham United v Hull City
- Brentford v Stoke City
- Fleetwood Town v Portsmouth
- Arsenal v Leeds United
- Gillingham v West Ham
- Burton Albion v Northampton Town
- Burnley v Peterborough
- Birmingham City v Blackburn